Turn Your Dreams and Goals into Reality
I bet that within you are some great ideas and thoughts about a new project, writing a book, for example, learning to play an instrument, starting your own business or just some great ideas that you would love to get started.
The thing is, until you DO something about them, like take some ACTION, that’s all they will ever remain is IDEAS and DREAMS.
I once read that the wealthiest place on earth is the graveyards, because they are full of unsung songs, books that were never published, poems that were never written.
You see, many people die never realising their dreams. Don’t take your talents, ideas, dreams and creativity to the grave with you before you have lived them.
What excites you?
So, what is it that motivates and churns up excitement within, and plunges you into the exciting world of creativity, opportunity and adventure in fulfilling your dreams and aspirations?
Here are 7 Steps to Achieve your Dreams that will put you on the right path to taking that first step in releasing those BRIGHT IDEAS and DREAMS and start making them a reality.
First and foremost, having some positive thinking going on in your mind will help you see things that you thought were not possible.
THINKING BIG helps to put things into proper perspective as well, top achievers, inventors and highly successful people THINK BIG all the time!
7 Steps to achieve your dreams
OK, so here are my 7 Steps to Achieve your Dreams and releasing the GREATNESS hidden within;
- SET GOALS: I suppose living without direction can be fun in the short term, but as human beings, we are always in need of direction and purpose. Having a goal will give you a powerful sense of direction as well as a purpose for doing what you are doing. Not having a goal, makes it easy for us to follow others, we become manipulated into doing things that we are told would be good for us. Eventually, it all leads to frustration and unhappiness, and then we become angry at always being at the mercy of others. You’ll be much happier following your own heart and beating out your path in pursuing your dreams. Having a goal will also provide that much-needed motivation in accomplishing it, and remember every goal you achieve gives you that extra boost for the next one, taking you step by step through to your primary purpose.
- TAKE ACTION: TAKE MASSIVE ACTION! All successful people share one thing in common; they are DOERS they TAKE Action, massive action and get things done. Having this quality will supersede all other attributes you may have; it will also determine the size of your income and growth. Be a DOER; don’t wait for the perfect moment ACT today! Always keep in your mind that IDEAS alone will not bring happiness, joy, or success.
- BE COMMITTED: “The difference between a successful person and others is not lack of strength, not lack of knowledge, but rather lack of will.” – Vince Lombardi – “When you commit to your goal, you become the CAUSE and not the EFFECT of your life…” Commitment will enable you to become FEARLESS in the achievement of your DREAM; you will soon be able to turn OBSTACLES into OPPORTUNITIES. Once you’ve committed yourself to the ACTION of achieving your DREAM, you won’t be asking yourself, “Can I do it…?” but rather “I CAN do it!”
- BE PERSISTENT: A lack of persistence will always end in “Giving up” or “Giving up too soon” Learning the skill of perseverance will help you to continually move forward in the achievement of your goals. Failure is part of life uncomplicated successful people have failed. Yet, did they really fail? Failure is when you fall and don’t GET UP again; successful people always GET UP and go on. Don’t quit, just because something didn’t work out the way you thought it would, learn from it and then do it again and again, you will have a BREAKTHROUGH! NEVER GIVE UP!
- BELIEVE THAT YOU CAN CREATE YOUR DESTINY: Believe that you are the creator of your tomorrow. Every thought, every idea and all the inner self-talk will manifest itself in your physical world. If you are focused on thoughts that are noble, positive, life-giving, strong, courageous, beautiful and full of hope, guess what? It will manifest great things in your world, the opposite is also true. If your thoughts are always negative, angry, unhappy and dis- empowering, you will experience discord, disharmony and chaos in your life. You have the POWER to mould your DESTINY by swapping negative thoughts for more positive empowering thoughts.
- KEEP YOUR HUMOUR: Humour is infectious; it affects not only you but, everyone around you. A little humour even about yourself relaxes you, takes the stress and urgency out of situations. It’s healthy and adds some really nice “happy hormones” to your system; I would also recommend a weekend of comedy by rewarding yourself with the gift of laughter by renting a comedy movie. You can never laugh enough, so do it today and do it often.
- LIVE IN THE MOMENT: Focus on what you can do NOW, thinking about what you could have done yesterday or the week before, or what you can change tomorrow will only cloud your focus today and harbour procrastination. The PRESENT is the ONLY time you can affect and change, so LIVE it NOW!
Believing it is seeing it!
Well, that’s my 7 Steps to Achieve your Dreams, simple, yet they can be very effective in helping you become focused on what you want to achieve in your life. By the way, your subconscious cannot distinguish between reality and fantasy; it doesn’t know when you are faking laughter or if it’s for real, it will still release happy hormones into your body even if you fake laughing. As the old saying goes, “laughter is the BEST medicine” so laugh as much as you can, even if you have to fake it.
And always keep the image of the desired goal or dream on the screen of your imagination. Connect with that image every day, live in the NOW as if you have already achieved your goal, hear the sounds that you would hear and feel what it feels like to have fulfilled your goal. By doing this, you are communicating with the language of your subconscious mind, and aligning it with your conscious decision to achieve the dreams and goals you have.