Tips on being focused before work
You see, when you’ve mastered this simple but very powerful process, you will begin to reap the benefits of a peaceful and harmonious life, irrelevant of where you work and with whom you work.
When I say relaxed, I mean to be ‘at-ease’ with one’s self, I’m speaking about the body and the mind being in harmony with each other, there should be no anxiety, no apprehension or concern about the day that lies ahead.
Learn to Focus like a laser
Your heart should be steady and strong, you’re breathing slow and deliberate, and your mind should be focused like a laser on the adventures that you are about to embark on.
You should know who you are, what you are, what you’ve achieved and what you are going to achieve. You shouldn’t be moved by anything that you’ve seen or heard, or by the judgmental attitudes of others or the wagging tongues of the ungrateful: only be moved by your own goals, dreams and aspirations to become the person you’ve always wanted to become.
You see, being relaxed is more than just being calm; it’s about a sense of knowing, of self awareness and self trust. It’s about being steadfast; it’s about having an iron will that is set to the purpose within your own heart.
If you could, just for a moment, become relaxed and focused about the great things within you, you’ll never consider or be moved by the feeble things that go on around you.
You will become one of an elite minority who “Make a Difference” in the world in which they live.
Here are some simple steps to get relaxed and focused like a laser before work.
- Do not watch TV, read the newspaper or listen to the news before work
- Spend some time alone contemplating who you are and begin to focus on your strengths
- Think about some past successes in your life and how you felt during those times, allow yourself to feed off of those emotional highs, allow them to motivate you and spur you onward
- Be appreciative and thankful for everything in your life, and say it out loud, “I am thankful for…” “I appreciate my …” etc
- Say some empowering affirmations to yourself, things like- “I am healthy, wealthy and successful”, “I can accomplish any task”, “I have the wisdom of a sage”, “I am smart and capable”
- Visualize yourself at the office, or in front of your client and begin to role-play the scenario out in your mind, experience the emotions, hear the sounds around you, see all the colour and then see yourself being confident, strong assertive and taking the initiative – this mental rehearsal will equip you and help you for the situations that you may experience
- Listen to some calming music, maybe some orchestral music, classics or anything that you feel has a calming effect on you. If you have an iPod or an Mp3 Player you could set yourself some time aside for your listening pleasure, 10 minutes should be enough
- Instead of listening to the radio on the way to work, you could listen to a motivational speaker, a business audio book or some other form of inspiration, this will help maintain the state of focus you achieved before leaving home
- Believe in yourself, you have so much to offer, things that are unique to you that others need, believe and see yourself as an inspiration to others
SMILE! Need I say more?